Rules and Requirements Dec 10, 2008 22:53:42 GMT
Post by Husk on Dec 10, 2008 22:53:42 GMT
We will always assume you have read the rules prior to joining!
If you break a rule, you will be contacted and warned. If you continue to be ignorant and break the site rules, we will look into a ban.
1) Keep OOC in the rpg threads to a minimum. Should you need to contact the player, use the PM system. If you need to make a note that everyone needs to see (e.g. timeline marker) then please used some form of bracketing to separate it from the IC post. However, the OOC categories are exactly that!
2) Please use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation to the best of your ability. We shouldn’t have to keep re-reading a post to understand what a person is saying. Absolutely no chat-speak, it makes us die a little inside.
3) Try and write a paragraph or more. Describing your character’s surroundings, thoughts, emotions and such can really help lengthen a post. We're perfectly aware that sometimes one-liners are necessary for fast-moving conversations or fights.
4) While cursing is allowed, we do not want to see it being used offensively towards anyone OOCly.
5) Respect everyone on here, the way you would want to be. Be courteous, and don't barge into occurring threads without asking the participating member/s (however, 'open' threads are just that.) If you happen to have a problem with a player, please PM a staff member: Pyro, Wolverine, Husk or Rogue.
6) Be sensible about your character's limits and actions. Godmoding is not allowed. Do not assume things about another character's beliefs or actions without them writing it. Also, keep in mind that if you have a subplot which may effect the boardwide plot, you must have admin permission.
7) Try and post at least once a week, whether canon or original. We understand people have lives, so if you’re going to be on hiatus please PM a staff member, or make a post in the hiatus thread located in the OOC area. Be aware that taking on a popular canon then failing to play him/her enough is just bad form.
8) If you choose to take up an original character, in addition to a canon character, and then you proceed to neglect that canon, we will contact you to discuss our concerns about your schedule. Don't take on more than you can handle. You know your real-life schedule better than we do, so judge sensibly.
After creating a character, you must have two consecutive weeks of activity, before you may take up another character, in order to prove that you have plans to stay and be a part of our community.
If you don't post for a month, we will email the account you registered with to see how you are. If you don't respond within a few weeks, we will assume you have moved on - this is especially important for canons.
Avatars are to be no larger than 100x100, and signatures no larger than 375 x 150. This is because larger sizes can take quite a long time to load on ye olde dial-up, and wide sets can stretch and distort the page for those on a smaller resolution.
Please note that this board follows the Terms of Service as designated by Proboards. Adhere to their rules as well as our own!